In pursuance of the National Assessment and Accreditation
Council’s (NAAC)Action Plan for performance evaluation, assessment and
accreditation and quality up-gradation of institutions of higher
education, Bidhannagar College established an Internal Quality Assurance
Cell (IQAC) on 29.01.2013 as a post-accreditation quality sustenance
measure. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC has
become an integral part of the institution’s system and works towards
the realization of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The
prime task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent
and catalytic improvement in the overall performances of the
institution. For this it channelizes all efforts and measures of the
institution towards promoting its holistic academic excellence.
The primary aim of IQAC is -:
To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to
improve the academic and administrative performance of the college.
To promote measures for institutional functioning towards quality
enhancement through internalization of quality culture and
institutionalization of best practices.
The IQAC of the college has been constituted under the
Chairmanship of the Head of the institution with heads of important
academic and administrative units and a few teachers and a few
distinguished educationists and representatives of local management and
The Composition of the IQAC
1. Dr. Madhumita Manna, Principal, Bidhannagar College.
Mob-9903072249, Management Representative
2. Sri Arup Kr. Hait, Coordinator, IQAC, Associate Professor, Head of
the Department (Statistics), Bidhannagar College. Mob-9433878779.
3. Dr. Subrata Panda, President, Governing Body, Bidhannagar College
Management Representative, Mob-9836724514
4. Prof. Ashokendu Sengupta, Advisor, Pratichi Trust, Mob-9831103761.
5. Mr. Sujit Basu, Hon�ble Member of Legislative Assembly, WB ,
6. Mr. Sabyasachi Dutta, Hon�ble Mayor, Bidhannagar Municipal
Corporation, Salt Lake, Community Representative.
7. Prof. Tapan Kr. Dutta, Dept. of Microbiology, Bose Institute, AJC
Bose Centenary Building, P-1/12, C.I.T. Scheme-VII, Kolkata-700054,
Mob-9432932748. External Expert.
8. Dr. Rama Prasad Bhattacharya, JDIP (UGC), Hon�ble Education
Director, Govt. of West Bengal, Bikash Bhavan, Salt Lake,
Kolkata-700091, Mob-9434483870. Management Representative.
9. Executive Engineer (Civil), West Division, Purta Bhavan, Salt
Lake, Kolkata-700091 Management
11. Prof. Achintya Kr. Sarkar, Professor, Head of the Department
(Chemistry), Bidhannagar College. Mob-9748494016. Teachers�
12. Sri Tapomay Das, Associate Professor, Head of the Department
(English), Bidhannagar College. Mob-9433374177. Teachers�
13. Dr. Ranajit Karmakar, Associate Professor, Head of the Department
(Zoology), Bidhannagar College. Mob-9477452517. Teachers�
14. Dr. Bimal Kr. Mandal, Associate Professor, Head of the Department
(Physics), Bidhannagar College. Mob-9830032286. Teachers�
15. Dr. Anup Kr. Sengupta, Associate Professor, Head of the
Department (Mathematics), Bidhannagar College. Mob-9830450936.
17. Sri Mrinal Kanti Das, Head Clerk, Bidhannagar College.
Mob-9007390396. Administrative Staff.
18. Smt. Seuli Das, Mob- 9051467606. Representative of Alumni
Organization of Bidhannagar College.
19. One Students� Representative.
IQAC Meeting at the Start of 2015-16(Meeting held on July 09, 2015):
- Confirmation of the minutes of the last meeting done.
- The financial activities, such as billing, of the College are
largely done electronically. Usual online Admission-process has been on.
INFLIBNET has been there set up and renewed regularly in the Library to
access the national and the international journals. KOHA needs to be
set up so as reorganize the Library. WAN Connectivity still not set up.
Given financial crunch, upgrading the laboratories has been admittedly
slow; no separation of laboratories for the specialized areas possible
right now. The preparation for the NAAC Visit has been underway; all the
Departments are advised to get reorganized and get ready for the
- Dr. Bimal Mandal is of the opinion that WAN is of utmost necessity;
at least LAN should be there so as to enable e-governance. Less
paperwork should be used.
- The Representative of the Students’ Union expresses his conviction that the Gymnasium is going to be upgraded.
- Dr. Anup Kr Sengupta says that the Academic Calendar for the current
year needs to be fashioned immediately in keeping with the University
- Dr. Sumona Mukherjee lays stress on the need of upgrading the Herbal
Garden and the necessary allotment be made for the upgrading.
- Mr. T. Das emphasizes the need of Psychological Counseling Cell with
the appointment of at least one professional Psychologist for
generalized instructions as well as for individualized.
- Dr. Anup Kr. Sengupta tells of the need of the curricula plan that
all the Departments, UG or PG, need to have had at the start of every
- He also brings into focus the need to process the papers related to CAS in respect of teachers at the earliest.
- Professor T. Datta puts emphasis on the need of hygienic washrooms.
- The IQAC Coordinator pleads for the preparation of AQAR for 2014-15. And, it be done by Nov, 2015 positively.
- The majority members hold that preparation for the NAAC visit be faster than usual – uploading SSR, LOI etc.
IQAC Meeting at the Start of 2016-17(Meeting held on July 04, 2016):
- The Coordinator reads of the minutes of the last meeting and the members confirm the minutes.
- WAN Connectivity still not set up. KOHA is yet to be set up so as
reorganize the Library. The trial is underway. This is likely to be done
immediately. The Psychological Counseling Cell has been made more
active. The Sick Room has been upgraded. The Herbal garden has been
upgraded. Gymnasium is to be upgraded. All the CAS- related papers in
respect of teachers have been made ready at the college level; they are
to be put to scrutiny by the Screening Committee officially at the
earliest. Department of Botany and that of Chemistry have been
sanctioned UGC grants for organizing Seminars.
- Dr. Bimal Mandal emphasizes the need of setting up WAN / at least
LAN so as enable e-governance, that favours environment by ensuring less
- Dr. T Chattopadhyay wants the college campus to be WIFI-enabled in
order that all within the campus may have free access to reading
- Dr. Sumona Mukherje comments on the space-crunch in the Library and
observes that the reading room be so spacious as to accommodate at least
50 students at a time; separate space be made for the teachers.
- She also observes that the Herbal Garden needs better maintenance.
- The OC holds the need of academic expansion through introduction of
PG Courses in English, Geography and Botany, given that the new
six-storey annexed building is getting ready. Sri Tapomay Das observes
that the Department of English is at present understaffed; three things
are required: i) initiative to fill up the vacant posts (2); ii) new
post-creation – at least five more posts to run smoothly UG and PG; iii)
Smart class rooms with all relevant teaching aids for effective
- Dr. Anup Kr. Sengupta says that all the Departments, UG or PG, need smart class room.
- Dr. Anup Kr. Sengupta says that all the Departments need to have the curricula plan at the start of every academic session.
- More UG Courses may be introduced, says Mr. Arup Kr. Hait.
- Mr. Arup Kr. Hait emphasizes the need of Hostel construction for the
Students at the earliest, since students from outside the local area
face a lot of problems in finding accommodation nearby.
- The Representative of the Students’ Union asks for upgrading of the Gymnasium.
- He also brings into focus the need for better and hygienic maintenance of the Canteen.
- The IQAC Coordinator pleads for the preparation of AQAR for 2015-16. And, it be done by Nov, 2016 positively.
- The IQAC Coordinator tells of the academic audit, the curriculum plan and the academic calendar for the current year.
- The majority members led by Dr S Panda hold that preparation for the NAAC visit be faster than usual – uploading SSR, LOI etc.