|Name : Kajari Lahiri Assistant Professor
||Designation : Associate Professor
||Academic Background : M.Sc., Ph.D.
Name of the Colleges served till date:
- Krishnanagar Goverment College.
- Bethune College
- Barasat Goverment College
- Bidhannagar College
No. of Published papers in Peer-reviewed Academic Journals:06
Area of Specialization:Physiology and Biochemistry specially biochemistry of protein and polyamines in plants.
Research Interests: Polyamine metabolism in plant
microbe interacting system, especially on the role of polyamines in
growth development and senescence of nitrogen fixing legume root
nodules, role of dietary polyamines in scavenging of reactive oxygen
species in protection and cure of non communicable diseases in human.
- Woked on UGC sponsored project entitled â€œEVALUATION OF NUTRITIONAL
VALUE AND ANTIOXIDANT POTENTIALÂ IN RELATION TO DIETARY POLYAMINES OFÂ
SOME GREEN LEAFY VEGETABLES COMMONLY USED BY THE RURAL PEOPLE OF EASTERN
- Worked on UGC sponsored project entitled â€œRegulation of Ornithin decarboxylase activity by phytochemicals
- Worked as Research Associate in DSA-SAPII, UGC, Department of Botany, University of Burdwan.
Awards & Achievements:
- Awarded Adhoc Reserch Associateship from CSIR, New Delhi.
Publications in Peer-reviewed Journals:
- Lahiri K, Chattopadhyay S, Chattopadhyay S, Ghosh B (1992) Polyamine metabolism in nodules of Vigna mungo during senescence. Phytochemistry 31:4087â€“4090.
- Lahiri K, Chattopadhyay S, Chatterjee S, Ghosh B (1993) Biochemical changes in nodules of Vigna mungo L. during vegetative and reproductive stages of plant growth in the field. Annals of Botany 71: 485-488.
- Chattopadhyay S,Â Maitra N, Lahiri K, Ghosh B (1996) Retardation of
photosynthesis by polyamines during stipule and pod development in pea. Photosynthetica 32: 629-633.
- Lahiri K, Chattopadhyay S, Chatterjee S, Ghosh B (1999) Spermine
induced changes in nitrogenase and âˆž-amylase during nodule senescence of
Vigna mungo L. Indian Journal of Plant Physiology 4(NS): 254-257.
- Chattopadhyay S, Lahiri K, Ghosh B (2002) Changes in free polyamines and related enzymes in stipule and pod wall development in Pisum sativum. Indian Journal of Experimental Biology 40: 945-949.
- Lahiri K, Chattopadhyay S, Ghosh B (2004) Correlation of endogenous
free polyamine levels with root nodule senescence in different genotypes
of Vigna mungo L. Journal of Plant Physiology 161: 563-571.
Symposium / Seminar Papers:
- Lahiri K, Chattopadhyay S, Ghosh B (1994) Senescence dependent changes on leghemoglobin components in nodules of Vigna mungo
L. cv. T-9. In: XIIth IUBMB India, Satellite Symposium on Protein
structure, function, engineering held at Bose Institute, Calcutta on
September 16-17 (poster).
- Gangopadhyay M, Bhattacharya R, Lahiri K. and Bhattacharya
S.(2007).The prospect of Cultivating Colchicum luteum in gangetic West
Bengal-a feasibility report based on in vitro culture study in
National Symposium on Medicinal and Aromatic Plants for Rural Economic
Development. Organized by Ramkrishna Vivekananda Mission Institute of
advanced studies, Kolkata in collaboration with Visva-Bharati,
- Lahiri K, Mullick B. and Mukherjee S (2005). Micropropagation and acclimation of Artemissia nilagirica in 92nd session of Indian Science Congress Ahmedabad page201-202. Part 4(poster).
- Saha P, Biswas S, Dey J. and Lahiri K, (2010) An improved method for micropropagation of Eclipta alba. In 98 session of Indian Science Congress Thiruvanthapuram (poster).
- Ghosh D, Das K and Lahiri K (2011) Comparative study of nutritional value and antioxidant potential of Amaranthus viridis, Amaranthus tricolor, Boerhavia repensand Ipomoea reptansâ€“
the commonly used foliage vegetables. In UGC sponsored national level
seminar on Bioresource and human welfare. Organized by Department of
Botany and Zoology, Lady Brabourn College, Kolkata in collaboration with
BSI, ZSI and Ministry of Environment and Forests. (poster)
Extracurricular Activity: Completed certificate course from Sangit Bhavan, Visva- Bharati. Interested in recitation, Science model making.