|Name : Subhankar Samanta
||Designation : Assistant Professor
||Academic Background : M.Sc, Ph.D.
Designation: Assistant Professor
Date of Joining in WBES:29/07/2010
Date of Superannuation:31/10/2043
Name of the Colleges served till date:
- Haldia Goverment College.
- Bidhannagar College.
No. of Published papers in Peer-reviewed Academic Journals:-16
Area of Specialization:Organic Chemistry
Details of Publications:
- Novel and Rapid Palladium-Assisted 6π Electrocyclic Reaction
Affording 9, 10-Dihydrophenanthrene and Its Analogues, R. Jana, I
Chatterjee, S. Samanta, JK Ray Organic letters 2008,10 (21), 4795-
- Substrate dependent intramolecular palladium-catalysed cyclisation
and subsequent β-H elimination or C–H activation: a general method for
the synthesis of fused pyran rings, R. Jana, S. Samanta, J. K. Ray
Tetrahedron Letters 2008, 49 (5), 851-854.
- Sodium borohydride or potassium carbonate-mediated intramolecular
Michael addition: a general method for the synthesis of fused
dihydrofuran and furan derivatives, S. Samanta, R. Jana, J. K. Ray,
Tetrahedron Letters, 2009, 50 (49), 6751-6754.
- Palladium-catalyzed one-pot Suzuki coupling followed by
arylpalladium addition to aldehyde: A convenient route to fluoren-9-one
S. Paul, S. Samanta, J. K. Ray, Tetrahedron Letters, 2010, 51 (42), 5604-5608
- Thiol-mediated tandem Michael–aldol reaction: a convenient method
for the synthesis of fused cyclopentenones, S. Samanta, N. Yasmin, D.
Kundu, J. K. Ray, Tetrahedron Letters, 2010, 51 (31), 4132-4136.
- Pd (0) catalyzed intramolecular Heck reaction: a versatile route for
the synthesis of 2-aryl substituted 5-, 6-, and 7-membered O-containing
heterocycles, S. Samanta, H. Mohapatra, R. Jana, J. K. Ray, Tetrahedron
Letters 2008, 49 (50), 7153-7156.
- Synthesis of substituted benzimidazo [2, 1-a] isoquinolines and its
condensed analogues using Pd (0)-catalyzed cyclization/C–H activation,
S. Nandi, S. Samanta, S. Jana, J. K. Ray, Tetrahedron Letters, 2010, 51
- Synthesis of phenanthrene and alkyl phenanthrenes by palladium
(0)-catalyzed pericyclic reactions, R. Jana, A. Biswas, S. Samanta, J.
K. Ray, Synthesis, 2010 (12), 2092-2100
- One-pot synthesis of highly fluorescent polycyclic benzimidazole
derivatives, S. K. Manna, S. K. Mondal, A. Ahmed, A. Mandal, A. Jana, M.
Ikbal, S. Samanta, RSC Advances, 2014, 4 (5), 2474-2481.
- Synthesis of pentalongin and C (1)-and C (3)-substituted pentalongin
using intramolecular Heck reaction, S. Nandi, R. Singha, S. Samanta, J.
K. Ray Tetrahedron Letters. 2012, 53 (21), 2659-2661.
- Pyrido [1, 2-a] pyrimidinium ions–a novel bridgehead nitrogen
heterocycles: synthesis, characterisation, and elucidation of DNA
binding and cell imaging properties, S. K. Manna, A. Mandal, S. K.
Mondal, A. K. Adak, A. Jana, S. Das, S. Samanta, Organic &
biomolecular chemistry, 13 (29), 8037-8047, 2 2015
- A facile, catalyst-free synthesis of new polycyclic pyrrolo [1, 2-b]
pyrazolone derivatives, S. K. Mondal, S. K. Manna, A. Mandal, S.
Samanta, J. K. Ray Tetrahedron Letters, 2014, 55 (47), 6411-6415.
- An efficient synthesis of pyrrole and fluorescent isoquinoline
derivatives using NaN3/NH4Cl promoted intramolecular aza-annulation, A.
Jana, S. K. Manna, S. K. Mondal, A. Mandal, S. K. Manna, A. Jana, S.
Samanta, Tetrahedron Letters 2016, 57 (33), 3722-3726.
- Pd (0)-catalyzed intramolecular Heck reaction: A general route for
fused oxepine derivatives, A. K Adak, A. Mandal, S. K. Manna, S. K.
Mondal, A . Jana, D. Ghosh, D. Kundu, S. Samanta, Synthetic
Communications, 2016, 46 (5), 452-459.
- Platinum (II)-Catalyzed Novel Synthesis of 3, 4-Fused Furans
S. K. Manna, A. Mandal, S. K. Mondal, S. Samanta, J. K. Ray, M. Baidya Synthetic, Communications, 2015, 45 (5), 625-634.
- Intramolecular Heck Route to 5-, 6-, and 7-Membered O-Containing
Heterocycles, S. Samanta, H. Mohapatra, R. Jana, J. K. Ray, Synfacts,
2009 (02), 0136-0136.
- Participated on national conference 19-20th March, 2013 at Haldia Govt. College
- An international conference organised by world science congress,
Jadavpur university, Kolkata 700045, India during 16th to 18th Dec.
2014. Represent poster on the topic entitle as “Synthesis of various
heterocyclic scaffold from ester and amide of
3-(2-formylcycloalkenyl)-acrylic acid”(Poster Representer)
- A Seminer organized by RSC at Sitananda College, Nandigram, Purba Medinipur (Poster representer) on 12th Dec. 2014
- A National Seminer organized by UGC at Mugberia Gangadhar Mahabidyalaya Date: 9th and 10th Sept. 2015 (poster Presenter)
- National Seminer on nanoscience and Nanotechnology Date : 9th and 10th Oct.2015
- Departmental Seminer (presenter) at Haldia Govt. College Date: 8th Sep 2015
- Chemical science recent trend 30th and 31st Dec 2016 (WBSU)
Orientation programme attended: 28.01.2014-06.02.2014 at ASC, University of Calcutta
Refresher programme attended:10.08.2015-31.08.2015 at ASC, University of Calcutta
Ongoing project: Fast Track Project entitled ‘Synthesis of naphthoquinone based natural product and its analogue by Heck and Michael reactions’
Funded by DST (SB/FT/CS-189/2012 dt 30/06/2014 with diary no-SERB/2347/dated 29.06.2014)
Grant received: Rs. 1778836.00/-