|Name : Tirtha Pada Majhi
||Designation : Assistant Professor
||Academic Background : M.Sc, Ph.D.
Contact No. (Landline/Mobile): 9831583759
Academic Background: M.Sc., Ph.D. (Jadavpur University)
Date of Joining in WBES:September 06, 2010
Date of Superannuation:January 31, 2039
Research Experience:8 years
Teaching Experience:6 years
Name of the Colleges served till date:
- A.B.N. Seal College, Coochbehar.
- Bidhannagar College, Kolkata
No. of Published papers in Peer-reviewed Academic Journals:Nine (9)
Area of Specialization: Organic Chemistry
Details of Publications:
- 2-Benzazepine analogues from D-glucose: synthesis of chiral cis- and
trans- fused furo[3,2-c]benzazepine derivatives. Tirtha Pada Majhi,
Aniruddha Nandi, Arpita Neogi, Ranjan Mukhopadhyay, and Partha
Chattopadhyay. Synthesis 2005, 2307-2314.
- Radical cyclization of exo methylene furanose derivatives: an
expedient approach to the synthesis of chiral tricyclic nucleosides and
benzannulated oxepine derivatives. Arpita Neogi, Tirtha Pada majhi,
Nanda Ghosal, and Partha Chattopadhyay. Tetrahedron 2005, 61, 9368.
- Sequential Baylis-Hillman Reaction and Radical Cyclization of
Furanose Derivatives: Expeditious Approach to Enantiopure Benzo-fused
Nine-membered Oxacycles. Tirtha Pada Majhi, Arpita Neogi, Soumen Ghosh,
Alok Kumar Mukherjee, and Partha Chattopadhyay. Tetrahedron 2006, 62,
- Palladium mediated intramolecular aryl amination on furanose
derivatives: an expedient approach to the synthesis of chiral
benzazocine derivatives and tricyclic nucleosides. Arpita Neogi, Tirtha
Pada Majhi, Ranjan Mukhopadhyay, and Partha Chattopadhyay. J. Org. Chem.
2006, 71, 3291.
- Advances in the synthesis and biological perspectives of
benzannulated medium ring heterocycles. Tirtha Pada Majhi, Basudeb
Achari, and Partha Chattopadhyay Heterocycles 2007, 71, 1011-1052.
- Palladium-catalyzed intramolecular C-O bond formation: an approach
to the synthesis of chiral benzodioxocines, Arpita Neogi, Tirtha Pada
Majhi, Basudeb Achari, and Partha Chattopadhyay- Eu. J. Org. Chem. 2008,
- An Efficient Synthesis of Novel Bisbenzo-fused Nine-membered
Oxacycles using Sequential Baylis-Hillman Reaction-Radical Cyclization.
Tirtha Pada Majhi, Arpita Neogi, Soumen Ghosh, Alok Kumar Mukherjee,
Madeleine Helliwell, and Partha Chattopadhyay- Synthesis 2008, 94-100.
- Benzazepine and Benzazocines: The ways to reach. Tirtha Pada Majhi, A B N Seal Journal of Science 5 (No-1), 2013, 50-61.
- A spotlight on Benzofused medium ring heterocycles, Tirtha Pada Majhi, A B N Seal Journal of Science 7 (No-1), 2015, 28-36.