Name of the Colleges served till date
1) A,B.N. Seal College, Cooch Behar
Areas of Specialization
1) Parasitology and Immunobiology
Areas of Teaching
3) Environmental Biology
Areas of Research Interests
List of Publications (Journal/Proceedings)
1) Mukherjee, S., Ray, M.and Ray, S. 2006. Azadirachtin induced modulation of total count of haemocytes of an edible bivalve Lamellidens marginalis, Proceedings of Zoological Society Calcutta., 59(2): 37 â€“ 39. [ISSN: 0373-5893].
2) Mukherjee, S., Chakraborty, S., Dasgupta, S., Chattopadhyay, S., Dube, S. N., Barua, I., Ray, M. and Ray, S. 2007. Spectrum of nuclear morphology of murine brain cell exposed to khayer, a reported antimalarial herbal formulation. Indian Journal of Animal Health. 46 (2): 97-100. [ISSN: 0019-5057].
3) Chakraborty, S., Mukherjee, S., Dasgupta, S., Chattopadhyay, S., Dube, S. N., Barua, I., Ray, M. and Ray, S. 2007. Nuclear variations of murine brain cells exposed to an antimalarial herbal extract. Environment and Ecology. 25S (1): 194-196. [ISSN: 0970-0420].
4) Chakraborty, S., Mukherjee,S., Dasgupta,S., Chattopadhyay, S., Dube, S. N., Barua, I., Ray, M. and Ray,S. 2007. Analyses of morphological variations of the murine brain cell nuclei exposed to antimalarial herbal extract. Environment and Ecology. 25S (1): 122-124. [ISSN: 0970-0420].
5) Mukherjee, S., Ray, M. and Ray, S. 2009. Immunotoxicity of azadirachtin in freshwater mussel in relation to surface adhesion of hemocytes and phagocytosis. Animal Biology Journal, 2: 1-7. [ISSN: 1949-498X].
6) Kundu, S., Roy, I., Sarkar, Ch, B., Lahiri, A., Saha,T. and Mukherjee,S. 2011. Dynamics of total haemocyte count and nonself surface adhesion response of haemocyte of Bellamya bengalensis exposed to chlorpyrifos. BN Seal Journal of Science., 4:50-55. [ISSN: 0975-5624].
7) Mukherjee, S., Ray, M. and Ray, S. 2011. Antioxidant and detoxification activities of gill and digestive gland of Lamellidens marginalis (Mollusca: Bivalvia) exposed to azadirachtin. Animal Biology Journal, 2(4):1-10. [ISSN: 1949-498].
8) Mukherjee, S., Ray, M. and Ray, S. 2012. Oxidative stress in freshwater bivalve of India exposed to azadirachtin based pesticide. Romanian Journal of Biology., 57(1):79-88. [ISSN 2248-379 (online), (ISSN-L 1843-7761)].[UGC Care list Group I].
9) Tuhin, G., Saha, S., Roy, D., Adhikari, D., Mukherjee, S. 2013. Structural features and antioxidant capacity of polysaccharides from Turbinaria ornate. BN Seal Journal of Science., 5(1): 19-34. [ISSN: 0975-5624].
10) Dipan, A., Samanta Kr.S., Karmakar, S., Gorain, B., Mukherjee, S. and Sen, T. 2013. Evaluation of toxicological characteristics of the venomous sea anemone- Paracondylactis indicus Dave, an endemic species of the Sunderbans. Indian Journal of Social and Natural Science, 2(1): 12-28. [ISSN: 2277-6117].
11) Goswami, S., Mukherjee, A., Saha, S., Ghosh, T., Roy, D., Ghosh, T., Adhikari, D. and Mukherjee, S. 2013. Cellular and metabolic response of haemocyte of Lobothelphusa sp. invaded with wound. BN Seal Journal of Science, 5(1): 100-114. [ISSN: 0975-5624].
12) Mukherjee, S., Roy, D., Ghosh, T. and Adhikari, D. 2014. Characterization of biochemical profile of Hepatitis B patient. BN Seal Journal of Science., 6(1): 118-125. [ISSN: 0975-5624].
13) Adhikari, D., Mukherjee, S. and Ghosh, T. 2014. Zooceuticals-Promising bio-molecules for synthetic simulation. Manan., 1(2):11-18. [ISSN: 2348-3849].
14) Ghosh, T., Adhikari, D., Mukherjee, S. and Roy, D. 2015. Structural features and biological activities of water extracted polysaccharides obtained from Adhatoda vasica. BN Seal Journal of Science, 6(1): 82-98. [ISSN: 0975-5624].
15) Mukherjee, S., Ray, D., Adhikari, D. and Ghosh, T. 2015. Impairment of haematological profile of Channa punctatus exposed to sodium arsenite. International Journal of Applied Biology and Pharmaceutical Technology, 6(2):223-229. [ISSN: 0976-4550].
16) Adhikari, D., Mukherjee, S., Ghosh, T. and Roy, D. 2016. Biotic and Abiotic stressors in Plant Molecular Breeding vis-Ã -vis sustainable Molecular Farming strategies for food security: Threats, opportunities and challenges ahead in Indian perspectives. IJARIIE., 2(3):609-617. [ISSN: 2395-4396 (Online)].
17) Mukherjee, S., De, S. and Sardar, P. 2016. The Gastrointestinal helminths infection among backyard fowl population of selected areas of North 24 parganas, West Bengal. Biological Forum., 8(2) : 181-185. [ISSN: 0975-1130 (Print), 2249-3239 (Online)].
18) Mukherjee, S. 2017. Histopathological profile of freshwater teleost, Channa punctatus exposed to arsenic. Indian Journal of Scientific Research., 16(1): 38-42. [ISSN:0976-2876 (Print), 2250-0138 (Online)]. [UGC Approved Journal No.20876].
19) Bej, S., Chatterjee, H, N., Giri, L., Mukhopadhyay, K, S., Ganguly, P. and Mukherjee, S. 2017. Modulation of blood profile of juvenile Cyprinus carpio exposed to imidacloprid. International Journal of Life SCience., 5(4): 627-630. [ISSN: 2320-7817 (Print), 2320-964X (Online)]. [UGC Approved Journal No.48591]
20) Mukherjee, S., Bose, T., Ray, D. and Adhikari, D. 2018. Evaluation of toxicity of chlorpyrifos on the haemocyte of Pila globosa. Journal of Biological and Chemical Research., 35(1): 262-272. [ISSN: 0970-4973 (Print), 2319-3077(Online)]. [UGC Approved Journal No.62923].
21) Mukherjee, S., Ray, M. and Ray, S. 2018. Azadirachtin induced ultrastructural changes on haemocyte in Lamellidens marginalis., Indian Journal of Environmental Science., 22(1): 47-49. [ISSN: 0971-8958]. [UGC Approved Journal No.64745].
22) Mukherjee, S. and Dasgupta, R. 2018. Surveillance of protozoan infestation in skin and gill of Channa punctatus collected from local market of Kolkata., Asian journal of Biology., 6(1): 1-8. [ISSN: 2456-7124]. [UGC Approved Journal No.63718].
23) Mukherjee, S., Biswas, I. and Adhikari, D. 2020. Assessment of gut heminth of Back Bengal Goat slaughtered at Kolkata Market, West Bengal, India, Uttar Pradesh Journal of Zoology, 41(10): 77-85. [ISSN: 0256-971X(P)][UGC Care list Group I, WOS Indexed].
24) Ghosh, T., Mukherjee, S. and Adhikari, D. 2020. Evauation of acute toxicity studies on copper-induced oxidative stress in Lathyrus Sativus L., (Variety Ratan) germinating seeds: A biomarker based risk assessment. Journal of Advanced Scientific Research, 11(4): 243-254. [ISSN: 0976-9595][UGC Care list Group I]
25) Mandal, C and Mukherjee, S. 2021. Effect of fenvalerate on superoxide anion and nitric oxide generation in the juveniles of Bellamya bengalensis an edible gastropod of West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh Journal of Zoology, 41(10): 77-85. [ISSN: 0256-971X(P)][UGC Care list Group 1 WOS Indexed].
26) Mukherjee, S. 2021. The modulation of oxidative stress biomarkers in assessing arsenic induced toxicity in Channa punctatus, Appied Ecology and Environmental Sciences, 9(3): 340-346. [ISSN: 2328-3912][UGC Care list Group I].
27) Mukherjee, S. 2021. Evaluation of Phagocytosis and Cytotoxicity Response in Fresh Water Snail, Bellamya bengalensis, following Exposure to Chlorpyrifos, Research Journal of Agricultural Sciences An International Journal, 12(4): 1262-1266. [P- ISSN: 0976-1675 E- ISSN: 2249-4538][UGC Care list Group I].
28) Mukherjee, S and Medda, L. 2022. A Survey on Parasitic Prevalence of Gut in Heteropneustes fossilis Collected from Local Market of Kolkata, Research Journal of Agricultural Sciences An International Journal, 13(1): 173-175. [P- ISSN: 0976-1675 E- ISSN: 2249-4538][UGC Care list Group I].
29) Ghosh, T and Mukherjee,S. 2022. Cross-Linked Ionic Polysaccharides: Insights from the Structure to Stimuli-Sensitive Drug Delivery System Applications, Asian Journal of Chemistry, 34(5):1066-1072. [https://doi.org/10.14233/ajchem.2022.23722][UGC Care list Group I, Scopus Index].
30) Mukherjee, S and Medda, L. 2022. Seasonal incidence and histopathologic study of protozoan infestation in Clarias sp., collected from a local fish market of Kolkata, West Bengal (India), Applied Biological Research, 24(2):240-244. [DOI: 10.5958/0974-4517.2022.00027.1][UGC Care list Group I, WOS Index]
List of Publications (Book/Chapter)
1) Mukherjee, S., Ray, M. and Ray, S. 2007. Dynamics of hemocye subpopulation of Lamellidens marginalis exposed to a neem based pesticide. In â€œZoological Research in Human Welfareâ€. Paper40. (Eds. Ramakrishna and R.N.Chatterjee) ZSI, Kolkata publication, pp. 389-394.
2) Mukherjee, S., Ray, M. and Ray, S. 2011. Anticoagulant and carbohydrate induced interference of aggregation of mussel haemocyte under azadirachtin exposure. In â€œMussels: Anatomy, Habitat and Environmental Impactâ€. Chapter 20 (1). (Eds. Lauren E. McGevin) Nova publication, USA. pp.441-452. [ISBN: 978-1-61761-763-8].
3) Ray, S., Ray, M.., Chakraborty, S. and Mukherjee, S. 2011. Immunotoxicity of environmental chemicals in the pearl forming mussel of India-a review. In â€œMussels: Anatomy, Habitat and Environmental Impactâ€. Chapter 19 (1). (Eds. Lauren E. McGevin) Nova publication, USA. pp. 429-440. [ISBN: 978-1-61761-763-8].
4) Mukherjee, S., Ray, M. and Ray, S. 2011. Phagocytosis of charcoal particulate as immunological marker of azadirachtin exposure. In â€œPerspectives in Animal Ecology and Reproductionâ€. Chapter 5 (7). (Eds. V. Gupta) Daya publication, India, pp. 55-67. [ISBN: 978-81-703574-6-9].
5) Adhikari, D., Mukherjee, S., Ghosh, T. and Sinha, D. 2014. Validation of plant bioassays with special reference to Allium Cepa L test to screen and evaluate different genetic endpoints on xenobiotic exposure. In â€œImpact of Pollution: Assessment and Awarenessâ€. Nabajatak Prakashan. India, pp.120-135. [ISBN: 978-81-921083-8-4].
6) Ghosh, T., Roy, N., Roy, D., Mukherjee, S. and Adhikari, D. 2017. Antioxidant activity of Strawberry fruit and Senna leaf extract. In â€œA Comprehensive Study of Scienceâ€. Santal Bidroha Sardha Satabarsiki Mahavidyalaya. West Bengal, India, pp. 79-87. [ISBN: 978-81-930138-4-7].
7) Adhikari, D, Mukherjee, S., Ghosh, T.2019.Climate changes vis-Ã -vis Environmental Actions and Forest Management with special reference to Sunderban Biosphere: Measurement to protect Bio-resource From Socio-Political and Biological Perspectives to meet a Better Future. In â€œCross-cutting research in Social Sciencesâ€, UGC-Human Resource Development Centre, University of Calcutta, West Bengal, India, pp.286-304. [ISBN: 978-81-939363-0-6].
List of Lectures in Seminar/Conferences
1) National Seminar on New Dimensions in Environmental Sciences.(Paper Presentation).2005. Organised by Indian Science Congress Association Bhopal Chapter and Govt. M.V.M., Bhopal.
2) International Conference on Toxicology, Environmental and Occupational Health.(Paper Presentation). 2005. Organised byICTEOH, Lucknow and STOX.
3) National Seminar on Dimensions in Zoological Research in Human Welfare.(Paper Presentation).2007. Organised byDepartment of Zoology, University of Calcutta and ZSI, Kolkata.
4) UGC sponsored National seminar on Trends in Biodiversity and Bioresource Management. (Paper Presentation).2010 Organised by Post Graduate Department of Zoology, A.B.N. Seal College, Cooch Behar and Department of Forestry, Uttar Banga Krishi Viswavidyalaya, Pundibari, Cooch Behar.
5) International Conference on Biodiversity & Aquatic Toxicology sponsored by UGC-ANU, MOES, DST, APPCB & CSIR.(Paper Presentation).2011. Organised byDepartment of Zoology and Aquaculture, Acharya Nagarjuna University, Nagarjunanagar, Andhra Pradesh.
6) UGC sponsored National Seminar on A Journey Through Recent Developments In Chemistry.(Paper Presentation).2012 Organised byDepartment of Chemistry, A.B.N. Seal College, Cooch Behar in collaboration with Department of Chemistry, University of North Bengal.
7) UGC sponsored National Seminar on Anthropogenic Toxicants, Green Chemistry, Biodiversity and Sustainable Development: An Interdisciplinary Approach .(Paper Presentation).2012. Organised byDepartment of Zoology, P.D. Womenâ€™s College, Jalpaiguri in collaboration with Jalpaiguri Science and Nature Club, Jalpaiguri.
8) 1 day CSIR sponsored International Symposium on Frontiers in Translational & Regenerative Biology (Poster Presentation).2016. Organised byDept. of Zoology, University of Calcutta.
9) 1 day UGC sponsored National Seminar on Role of Biodiversity And Natural Resources In Sustainable Development. (Paper Presentation).2016. Organised byDept. of Zoology, Bajkul Milani Mahavidyalaya
10) 2 days UGC sponsored National Seminar On Conservation of Biodiversity and National Resources in Sustainable Development .(Poster Presentation).2016.Dept. of Zoology, APC College, New Barrackpore in collaboration with Dept. of Zoology, Bajkul Milani Mahavidyalaya.
11) 1 day National Seminar on Recent Advances in Life Science in the light of chemistry, (Poster Presentation).2016. Organised byDept. of Chemistry, Bethune College in collaboration with Royal Society of Chemistry (Eastern Indian Section).
12) 1 day UGC sponsored National Seminar on From Molecules to Ecosystem-A Zoological perspective. (Poster Presentation).2016. Organised byDept. of Zoology, Ramkrishna Mission Vivekananda Centenary College, Rahara, in collaboration with West Bengal State University.
13) 2 days National Seminar Workshop on Scientific Devices, Technology Applications and Community Linkage (Poster Presentation).2018. Organised by TEQIP and Centre of Excellence, University of Calcutta.
14) 1 day International Seminar on Environmental Pollution and Impacts on Public Health (Paper Presentation).2017. Organised by Dept. of Physiology and Zoology, Santal Bidroha Sardha Satabarshiki Mahavidyalaya, Goaltore, Paschim Medinipore, West Bengal, India.
15) 1 day National Seminar on â€œFrontiers In Biotechnology.(Poster Presentation). 2018 Organised byDept. of Biotechnology, St. Xavierâ€™s College (Autonomous), Kolkata
16) 4th Regional Science and Technology Congress(SouthernZone)..(Poster Presentation).2019. Organised by Dept. of Science & Technology and Biotechnology, Govt. of West Bengal and Maulana Abul kalam Azad University of Technology, West Bengal.
17) 2 days National Seminar on â€œ Diversity in the Era of Globalization Challenges and Management. (Poster Presentation).2020 Organised byBidhannagar College, sponsored by Dept. of Higher Education, Govt. of West Bengal and Dept. of Science & Technology and Biotechnology, Govt. of West Bengal
18) 2 days Multidisciplinary National seminar on â€œ Decentralised Governance and Changing Primary Research Methods in Rural Areas of the Country: A Transformational Studyâ€(Paper Presentation).2022 Organised byMurarka College, Sultanganj in association with Toucan Research and Development
19) 2days International Multidisciplinary Webinar on â€œ Climate change Impact on Agriculture, Environment and Sustainable Development (Paper Presentation).2022 Organised byInternational Academy of Sciience and Research (IASR), Kolkata, West Bengal, Gurukul Edutech Education and Research Foundation, Kolkata, West Bengal.
On-going or Completed Research Projects
1) Completed UGC (Minor) Project, Sanction No-F.PSW.72/12-13(ERO) Dated 18.02.2013 entitled Cellular and metabolic response of Channa punctatus exposed to sodium arsenite.
1) Young Scientist Award on â€œEnvironment Biomonitoring & Health Management Sessionâ€ in National Seminar on Dimensions in Zoological Research in Human Welfare (organized by the ZSI, Kolkata and Dept. Zoology, C.U.), Kolkata, West Bengal, 2007.
2) Jyoti Bora Foundation Award on Poster presentation on Short Term course in â€œCancer Biology 2011: Basic Theoretical aspectsâ€ organized by I.I.T. Guwahati Biotech Hub (Funded by DBT, Govt. of India), 2011.
Member of Academic Bodies
1) Life member of The Zoological Society, Kolkata.
2) Life Member of The Indian Science Congress Association, Kolkata.