Name of the Colleges served till date
1) BIDHANNAGAR COLLEGE, KOLKATA
Areas of Specialization
1) CYTOGENETICS & MOLECULAR BIOLOGY
2) PHEROMONE SCIENCE
Areas of Teaching
2) ANIMAL BEHAVIOUR
3) EVOLUTIONARY BIOLOGY
6) BIODIVERSITY, CONSERVATION
7) INVERTEBRATES & VERTEBRATES
Areas of Research Interests
1) ANIMAL BEHAVIOUR
3) DNA BARCODING
4) INTEGRATED TAXONOMY
List of Publications (Journal/Proceedings)
1) Mukherjee, D., Saha, S., Chukwuka, A.V., Ghosh, B., Dhara, K., Saha, N.C., Pal, P., Faggioh, C. (2022). Antioxidant enzyme activity and pathophysiological responses in the freshwater walking catfish, Clarias batrachus Linn under sub-chronic and chronic exposures to the neonicotinoid, ThiamethoxamÂ®. Science of The Total Environment 836: 25. (doi.org/10.1016/j.scitotenv.2022.155716)
2) Banerjee, D., Kumar, V., Maity, A., Ghosh, B., Tyagi, K., Singha, D., Kundu, S., Laskar, B.A., Naskar, A. and Rath, S. (2015). Identification through DNA barcoding of Tabanidae (Diptera) vectors of surra disease in India. Acta tropica, 150: 52-58.
3) Chandrashekara, K.N., Raj Kumar, R., Kumar, V., Banerjee, D., Kundu, S., Ghosh, B. and Tyagi, K. (2015). DNA barcoding reveals host associated genetic diversity of â€˜tea mosquito bugâ€™ Helopeltis theivora (Miridae: Heteroptera) from India, Journal of Asia-Pacific Entomology, 18(3): 541-545.
4) Rath, S., Dev Roy, M. K., Ghosh, B. (2016). Penaeid and Palaemonid Prawns of Godavari Estuary, Andhra Pradesh with Some New Records. Biological Forum â€“ An International Journal, 8(1): 179-189.
5) Raha, P., Ghosh, B., Bhar. R., Das, N. and Poddar-Sarkar, M. (2015). Ultrastructure of trichome of old world porcupine of Indian subcontinentâ€. Acta Zoologica, 96(2): 140-146.
6) Kumar, V., Tyagi, K., Ghosh, B. and Singha, D. (2014) A new species of Taeniothrips (Thysanoptera: Thripidae) from India. Zootaxa, 3884 (2): 197-200.
7) Tyagi, K., Ghosh, B. and Kumar, V. (2014) The genus Ctenothrips from India (Thysanoptera: Thripidae) with description of one new species and one new record. Zootaxa, 3821(3): 273-279.
List of Publications (Book/Chapter)
1) Das, S., Manna, S., Ray, S., Das, P., Rai, U., Ghosh, B., Poddar Sarkar, M. (2019). Do Urinary Volatiles Carry Communicative Messages in Himalayan Snow Leopards [Panthera uncia, (Schreber, 1775)]?. In: C. D. Buesching (Ed.): Chemical Signals in Vertebrates 14, (Springer), pp 27-37.
2) Das, Sreerupa and Ghosh, Biswatosh (2019). Feeding and Foraging Activity of Sitophilus sp. and Tribolium sp. In: Abstract book of International Research Conference on Recent Trends in Life Sciences, Sidho Kanho Birsha University (ISBN: 978-81-943155-0-6), pp-53.
3) Ghosh B., Poddar-Sarkar, M., Ray, S., Brahmachary, R.L. (2016) Putative Pheromone of the Indian Crestless Porcupine, Hystrix brachyura. In: Schulte B., Goodwin T., Ferkin M. (eds.) Chemical Signals in Vertebrates 13, (Springer), pp 137-144.
4) Ghosh, B. (2011) Invasive Alien Species: A Major Threat to Global Biodiversity, Proceedings/Book on â€œLoss of Biodiversity and its Ethical Implicationâ€. [ISBN No.- 81-8282-179-7] Vol.1, 166-176.
List of Lectures in Seminar/Conferences
1) Poster Presentation at the International Symposium on "Our Planet, Our Ecosystem, Our Health" organised by Dept. of Zoology, Serampore College, Serampore, Hooghly, 2022.
2) Poster Presentation at the National Seminar on "Diversity in the era of globalization: Challenges and Management" organised by Dept. of Anthropology, Botany, Microbiology and Zoology, Bidhannagar College, Kolkata, 2020.
3) Oral Presentation at the International Seminar on "Planetary Crisis and Human Liberation" jointly organised by International Society for Intercultural Studies and Research (ISISAR) and several other organisations, 2019.
4) Oral Presentation (as Co-author) on "Morphological variation of ear and occurrence of Morton's Toe within the population of Kolkata and 24 parganas" at the 3rd Regional Science & Technology Congress, 2018: Southern Region jointly organised by Bidhannagar College, Kolkata and Department of Higher Education, Science and Technology and Biotechnology, Government of West Bengal, 2018.
5) Poster Presentation (as Co-author) on "Chemical profiling of Marking Fluid and Urine of Indian Leopard, Panthera pardus fusca", at the National Conference on Recent Trends in Zoological Research in North-East India, jointly organised by Department of Zoology, North Eastern Hill University and Zoological Society, Kolkata, 2018.
6) Oral Presentation on "Analysis of behavioural and chemical signals of Indian crestless porcupine, Hystrix brachyura in relation to chemical communication" at the National Conference on Recent Trends in Zoological Research in North-East India, jointly organised by Department of Zoology, North Eastern Hill University and Zoological Society, Kolkata, 2018.
7) Oral Presentation on "Basmati' smell of Rice in the Pheromone of Indian Leopard" at the 2nd Regional Science & Technology Congress, 2017: Southern Region jointly organised by University of Kalyani and Department of Higher Education, Science and Technology and Biotechnology, Government of West Bengal, 2017.
8) Poster Presentation (as Co-author) on "Putative pheromone of Snow leopard, Panthera uncia (Schreber, 1775)", at 14th Meeting of the Chemical Signals in Vertebrates Group, held at School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, UK organised by CSiV group and School of Biosciences, Cardiff University and WildCRU, Oxford University, UK, 2017.
9) Oral Presentation on "Pheromone of Indian Leopard, Panthera pardus", at 14th Meeting of the Chemical Signals in Vertebrates Group, held at School of Biosciences, Cardiff University, UK organised by CSiV group and School of Biosciences, Cardiff University and WildCRU, Oxford University, UK, 2017.
10) Poster Presentation on "Histopathology for the detection and identification of parasite in skin, gill and stomach of Channa punctatus", at the Two day National Seminar & Workshop on Scientific Devices, Technology, Applications & Community Linkage", organised by TEQIP PHASE II-COE, University of Calcutta, Kolkata, 2017.
11) Poster Presentation on "Butterfly diversity of North 24 Parganas" in two daysâ€™ U.G.C. Sponsored National Seminar on â€œConservation of Biodiversity and Natural Resources in sustainable developmentâ€ was held in the Zoology Department, A.P.C. College, New Barrackpore, in collaboration with the Department of Zoology, Bajkul Milani Mahavidyalaya on 6th and 7th September, 2016.
12) Poster Presentation on "Some aspects of behaviour study in modern translational research & disease control" at the One-day International symposium themed "Frontiers in Translational & Regenerative Biology" (FTRB-2016) organised by Immunology & Regenerative Medicine Research Unit, Dept. of Zoology, Calcutta University, 2016.
13) Oral Presentation on â€œBehavioural ecology of the Indian crestless porcupine, Hystrix brachyuraâ€ at the 38th Annual Conference of Ethological Society of India and National Symposium on Behavioural Ecology: Molecules to Organisms, organized by Department of Zoology, Banaras Hindu University, U.P., November 7-9, 2014.
14) Poster Presentation on â€œUltratrichometry based Inter-specific and Inter-generic Characterization of Different Carnivores â€ at International Conference on Electron Microscopy and XXXIV Annual Meeting of the Electron Microscope Society of India (EMSI) by Saha Institute of Nuclear Physics (SINP) & Electron Microscope Society of India (EMSI), Kolkata, July, 3-5, 2013, pp.75.
15) Oral Presentation on â€œUltratrichometry as a Tool of Forensic science and Systematic Studyâ€ at The XXXIII Annual Meeting of the Electron Microscope Society of India (EMSI) by Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, July, 2-4, 2012, pp. 116.
On-going or Completed Research Projects
1) UGC Minor Research Project- "Study on ethobiology & ethochemistry related to pheromone of Indian porcupine", (File No. PSW-244/15-16 (ERO), Dated 13-02-2017), 2017-2019 Sanctioned amount- 4,35,000/-
1) National Scholarship, 2003, awarded in 2006.
2) Rank Holder in University Exam. (Rank: 5 in B.Sc.Honours), 2008.
3) â€œFriends of the Earthâ€ by Earth Matters Foundation, New Delhi, 2009
4) "Inter-College Green Quiz Prizeâ€ by Maulana Azad College, Govt. of W.B. and Indo-British Scholarsâ€™ Association, 2009.
5) â€œBiotech Talent Search Examination (BTSE) - Awardâ€ by Kaushik Biotech Pvt. Ltd., Sikar, Rajasthan, India, 2011.
6) Metallography Contest Award (1st Prize)- under the category of Scanning Electron Microscopy in Biological Sciences by Electron Microscope Society of India (EMSI) & Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore, 2012.
7) â€œFriends of the Earthâ€ by Earth Matters Foundation, New Delhi and Doordarshan, 2014.
8) "Best Poster Presentation (3rd Prize)" in the U.G.C. Sponsored National Seminar held in the Zoology Department, A.P.C. College, New Barrackpore, in collaboration with the Department of Zoology, Bajkul Milani Mahavidyalaya, 2016.
9) Selected from India for participation in DNA barcoding course in Paris (April 1st-5th, 2013).(could not avail)
Member of Academic Bodies
1) Life Member, Zoological Society, Kolkata.
2) Life Member, Electron Microscope Society of India.
3) Life Member, Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA).
4) Life Member, Ethological Society of India (ESI).