Name of the Colleges served till date
1) Bidhannagar College
Areas of Specialization
1) Adaptive designs in clinical trials and related inference
2) Discrete data analysis
Areas of Teaching
1) Probability and Probability distributions
2) Survey Sampling
3) Statistical Quality Control
4) Discrete Data Analysis
5) Numerical Analysis and Monte Carlo Methods
6) Skill Enhancement Course using R programming
7) Real Analysis (Riemann Integral, Improper Integral, Multiple integral, Sequence and series of functions, etc.)
8) Statistical Inference (Methods of finding estimators)
Areas of Research Interests
1) Adaptive designs in clinical trials
2) Regression analysis
3) Constrained statistical inference
4) Survival analysis
5) Survey sampling
List of Publications (Journal/Proceedings)
1) Das, S. & Bhattacharya, R. (2022). An Optimal Multi-armed Response Adaptive Design for Survival Outcome with Independent Censoring. Biometrical Journal, 64(1), 165-185.
2) Das, S., Bhattacharya, R. & Biswas, A. (2021). An optimal response adaptive design for multi-treatment clinical trials with ordinal categorical outcomes. Journal of Biopharmaceutical Statistics, 31(6), 809-827.
3) Biswas, A., Bhattacharya, R., & Das, S. (2020). A multi-treatment response adaptive design for ordinal categorical responses. Statistical Methods in Medical Research, 29(3), pp.827-836.
4) Biswas, A., Bhattacharya, R., & Das, S. (2019). A response adaptive design for ordinal categorical responses weighing the cumulative odds ratios. Biostatistics & Epidemiology, 3(1), pp.109-125.
5) Biswas, A., Das, S., & Das, S. (2019). OLS: Is That So Useless for Regression with Categorical Data?. In Advances in Analytics and Applications (pp. 227-242). Springer, Singapore. ISBN: 978-981-13-1208-3.
6) Biswas, A., Bhattacharya, R., & Das, S. (2018). A response adaptive design for ordinal categorical responses. Journal of Biopharmaceutical Statistics, 28(6), pp.1-13.
7) Bhattacharya, R. & Das, S. (2017). Simultaneous Estimation of Normal means under Simple Order. ISTATISTIK: Journal of the Turkish Statistical Association, 10(3), pp. 72-83.
List of Publications (Book/Chapter)
List of Lectures in Seminar/Conferences
1) Bose-Nandi Award Seminar (National level) organized by the Calcutta Statistical Association on 21 December, 2019
2) Stat Quest - 2019 (State level) organized by the Department of Statistics, University of Calcutta on 28 March, 2019
3) Tenth International Triennial Calcutta Symposium on Probability and Statistics (International level) organized by the Department of Statistics, University of Calcutta and the Calcutta Statistical Association on 27-30 December, 2018
4) Stat Quest - 2018 (State level) organized by the Department of Statistics, University of Calcutta on 14 March, 2018
5) Advanced Data Analysis, Business Analytics and Intelligence (International level) organized by Indian Institute of management, Ahmedabad on 08-09 April, 2017
On-going or Completed Research Projects
1) Bose-Nandi Award (First Prize) from the Calcutta Statistical Association in December, 2019
2) Junior Research Fellowship (NET) award from Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) and University Grants Commission (UGC) jointly (with UGC ranked) in Mathematical Sciences from 3rd October, 2016 to 10 th January, 2019.
3) INSPIRE Fellowship from July, 2011 to June, 2016
Member of Academic Bodies
1) Life member of the Calcutta Statistical Association