Name of the Colleges served till date
1) Haldia Government College and Bidhannagar College
Areas of Specialization
1) Physical Anthropology and Human Genetics, Primatology, Evolution Biology
Areas of Teaching
1) Biological Anthropology
Areas of Research Interests
1) Primatology, Epidemiology, Anthropometry,
List of Publications (Journal/Proceedings)
1) 1. Sudesna Chanda, â€œRisk of Chromosomal damage as cancer initiator among the cell phone users: A call for management practiseâ€. 2012, Behavioural science in Management Practice, ISSN 987-81927807-1-3, Vol (1): page 187-193.
2) 2. Sudesna Chanda, Arup Ratan Bandyopadhyay â€œSexual dimorphism in hair histological variables in human â€œ, 2016, Indian Journal of Physical Anthropology and Human genetics, Vol 2: page 25-33
3) 3. Diptendu Chatterjee, Sudesna Chanda &Arup Ratan Bandyopadhyay, â€œA Comparative Study on Anthropometry and Central Body Fat Distribution of Pre-menarcheal and Post-menarcheal Santal Girls of Jharkhandâ€, Tribes and Tribals, Vol :3, Pages 133-136 | Published online: 03 Oct 2017
4) 4. Zahira Khatun, Diptendu Chatterjee, Sudesna Chanda, Jayeeta Roy Tapadar, â€œRelationship between anthropometric measures and body composition among Muslim females of West Bengal, India. Anthropologischer Anzeiger,Jahrg. 66, H. 3, September 2008, Published by: E. Schweizerbart'sche Verlagsbuchhandlung 2019
5) 5. Sudesna Chanda, â€œCovid 19 Pandemic: A biosocial approach of understandingâ€, International Journal of Applied Social Science: Volume 8 (3 - 6), March - June (2021): 150-155.
6) 6. Sudesna Chanda, â€œVariation in shaft and medullary diameter in Primates head hair, Uttar Pradesh Journal of zoology, 2022, Vol (43) Issue 8, Page 65-75.
7) 7. Atrayee Kar, Jayita Roy Tapadar, Diptendu Chatterjee, Sudesna Chanda, Jyoti Ratan Ghosh and Bandyopadhyay Arup R. 2007. A Study on Variation and Sexual Dimorphism of Handwriting in Bengali Population. Journal of the Department of Anthropology, University of Calcutta. 10-11: 1-9 (ISSN: 2249-6181).
8) Relationship between anthropometric measures and body composition among the Santal children of Galudih, Jharkhand. Chatterjee, D.; Bandyopadhyay, A.R. Chanda Sudesna, The Anthropologist. 2006, Vol-8, No-4, pp- 241-243.
9) 9. Sudesna Chanda, â€œVariation in some of the hair histological variables in Primatesâ€, 2006 Anthropologist, Vol 3 : page 11-23.
10) 10. Khatoon Z, Tapadar JR, Chatterjee D, Chanda S, Ghosh JR, Bandyopadhyay Arup R. 2008. Relationship between anthropometric measures and body composition among Muslim females of West Bengal, India. Anthropologischer Anzeiger 66 (3):349-353. [PMID: 18924572] [IMF: 0.676] (Included in Worldscience.Org as Sample records for including anthropometric measurements) [Germany]
List of Publications (Book/Chapter)
1) 1.Sudesna Chanda, On the variation of primateâ€™s head hair: An insight into Primate evolution; BOOK edited: Lambert Academic Publishing. Republic of Moldova, Europe. July 2020.ISBN: 978-620 -4-18191-2
2) 2. Sudesna Chanda, SIDE EFFECTS OF COVID VACCINES AMONG THE BENGALI INDIAN POPULATION: AN ANTHROPOLOGICAL REPORT. Lambert Academic Publishing. Republic of Moldova, Europe. September 2021.ISBN:970-620-4-4867-2
3) 3. Sudesna Chanda, Covid 19 and pandemic World: An Anthropological Report; chapter in book titled â€“ Science of Covid 19- People and society edited by Atanu Saha, published by Avenel Press Delhi. ISBN: 978-81-949068-0-3
4) 4.Sudesna Chanda, â€œRisk of Chromosomal damage as cancer initiator among the cell phone usersâ€ 2009, Chapter in Book- Intellegentia Page 63-73.
5) . Sudesna Chanda, â€œA few words for those who love beautiful hairâ€, chapter in book Rajat Rekha: Silver lining, 2009, Published by Dr Asthir Dasgupta, principal, Bidhannagar College Printed by Maa Kamalakhya Printer, Kolkata.
List of Lectures in Seminar/Conferences
1) Sudesna Chandaâ€ Primate head hair variationâ€ ISCA Indian science congress 2005 Young Scientist award Program held at Ahmedabad (International seminar).* This paper received ISCA YOUNG SCIENTIST AWARD, 2005
2) Sudesna Chanda â€œA study on Sexual dimorphism in some quantitative traits of Hyman scalp Hair among the adult Bengali Population of Kolkataâ€ ISCA, The Indian Science Congress 2007 (International conference).
3) Sudesna Chanda, The International Seminar entitled as â€˜Biodiversity and Primates head hair â€˜Human Diversity in perspectivesâ€™ on 6th to 8th March, 2007, held in Department of Anthropology, University of Calcutta in collaboration with UGC. (International conference).
4) Sudesna Chanda, â€œVariation and sexual dimorphism in human head hairâ€ the National Seminar on the focal theme â€˜Human diversity â€“ The emerging perspectivesâ€™ on 27th and 28th March, 2008, held in Department of Anthropology, University of Calcutta in collaboration with UGC.
5) Sudesna Chandaâ€ Variation in hair histological variables of Primatesâ€ UGC Sponsored National seminar on Human Diversity in India: Issues and Perspectives. Department of Anthropology, University of Calcutta.2012
6) Sudesna Chanda â€œEvolution of human hairlessnessâ€ International conference By Pashchimbanga Anchalik Itihash O Loksanskriti charcha Kendra and Bidhannagar College. 2017( International Seminar)
7) Sudesna Chanda â€œAnthropological Research, History and evolutionâ€ International conference By Pashchimbanga Anchalik Itihash O Loksanskriti charcha Kendra and Bidhannagar College. 2017( International Seminar)
8) Sudesna Chandaâ€ Joibo biborton Proshonge Rabindranathâ€ UGC sponsored National seminar on Rabindranath O Somalin Prosongo. By Bidhannnagar College and Chittaranjan College. 2012
9) Sudesna Chanda, â€œ Brain , art and culture: An Anthropological Overview, UGC Sponsored National Seminar on Literature in Transition, Organized by Department of English, Bidhannagar College and Department of English, Barasat College.2013( National Seminar)
10) Sudesna Chanda, On the Variation of Primate head hair. International conference of Indigenous people, Human security and sustainable development: Emerging challenges in present global context. 19-21 January 2018.organized by human rights commission, Department of Anthropology, West Bengal state University and Indian Counsel of Medical Research. ( International Seminar
11) Sudesna Chanda, Health and Nutritional issues ang the tribal tea garden workers of Maaal Bazar, North Bengal, International conference of Indigenous people, Human security and sustainable development: Emerging challenges in present global context. 19-21 January 2018.organized by human rights commission, Department of Anthropology, West Bengal state University and Indian Counsel of Medical Research. ( International Seminar)
On-going or Completed Research Projects
1) UGC MRP No F-PHW-196/14-159(ERO) . Title: " A comparative study on health and nutritional status among the tribal and nontribal working women of North Bengal: An Anthropological overview. ( Project completed)
2) UGC MRP NO F.PSW-054/07-08(ERO) . Title: "Variation of Hair Histological Variables of Primates". (Project Completed)
1) 1. Received ISCA Young Scientist award from President of India Dr A.P.J Abdul Kalam in Indian Science Congress at Ahmedabad in 2005.
2) 2. Received T.C Roy Choudhuri Silver Medal Award from Anthropological Society of India for academic excellence in Anthropology in 2002.
3) Received Gold Medal from Calcutta University for being 1st class 1st in Post Graduation in 2001.
Member of Academic Bodies
1) Member of Indian Science Congress Association
2) Member of Anthropological society of India