Name of the Colleges served till date
1) Darjeeling Government College
Areas of Specialization
2) Particle Physics
Areas of Teaching
1) Electricity & Magnetism
2) General Properties of Matters
3) Mathematical Physics
4) Quantum Mechanics
5) Statistical Mechanics
6) Non-Computational Practical Physics
Areas of Research Interests
1) Astronomy & Astrophysics
List of Publications (Journal/Proceedings)
1) Mondal, S. "Classification of Hot Jupiter Population through Statistical Framework." Journal of Scientific Research 14.2 (2022): 513-519.
2) Mondal, S." Gravitational Time Delay Model in Jovian Radio Signal Reception." Journal of Environmental Science, Computer Science and Engineering & Technology 6.3 (2017): 345-349.
3) Mondal, S., Das, A. K., & Mondal, S. "Electrification In Solar Planetary Atmosphere" .
4) Mondal, S., & Bhattacharya, A. B. "Climatic variance and its effects on decametric Jovian signal reception at a high altitude station Darjeeling". Indian Journal of Radio & Space Physics, 44.3 (2015) 126-131.
5) Mondal, S., & Bhattacharya, A. B. "Importance of Structural Property and Wavelet Analysis for Detecting Radio Solar Bursts". IJECT, 5.2 (2014), 60-62.
6) Bhattacharya, A. B. & Mondal, S. "Probability of Reception of Jovian Bursts as Derived from Io-Phase and the Location of Central Meridian Longitude", IJECT 4.1 (2013): 115-117.
7) Bhattacharya, A. B., S. Mondal, and D. Halder. "A Comparative Study on the Modeling of Dynamics of the Jovian Atmosphere." International Journal of Advances in Science and Technology 5 (2012): 16-26.
8) Bhattacharya, B., Mondal, S., Pandit, J., Halder, D., Sarkar, A., & Raha, B. "Detection Of Jovian Radio Bursts At High Altitudes". IJEST, 4.6 (2012), 3029-3038.
List of Publications (Book/Chapter)
1) Importance of fixed tuned receiver in solar observationNonlinear dynamics and its applications, Book Center- Shantiniketan-2014
2) Design Considerations of Solar Radio Telescopes and Construction of arrays, Tata McGraw-Hill Education Pvt. Ltd. - 2013
List of Lectures in Seminar/Conferences
1) Time delay estimation for Jovian signal reception from Earth based Observatories, National Space Science Symposium, 2016, ISRO, Trivandrum.
2) Correlation between Sun Spot and Solar Bursts: Establishing Importance of a Fixed Tuned Receiver in Solar Observation with a Case Study, National Conference N3CD-2013, JIS, Kalyani.
On-going or Completed Research Projects
1) Some studies on electrification an d plasma processes in the solar planetar y atmosphere from reception of radio signals and model studies, UGC, 2015-2017
1) Best Paper in N3CD-2013, JIS, Kalyani.
Member of Academic Bodies
1) Editorial Board Member of CiVEJ.