Name of the Colleges served till date
1) Haldia Government Colllege
2) Bidhannagar College
Areas of Specialization
1) Prehistoric Archaeology and Paleoanthropology
Areas of Teaching
1) Human Osteology
2) Prehistoric Archaeology
3) Culture Studies
4) Remote Sensing and GIS, Archaeological Mapping
5) Experimental Archaeology and Advanced Lithic Analysis, Debitage Analysis
Areas of Research Interests
1) Archaeological Exploration
3) Rock Art Studies
4) Experimental Archaeology and Lithic Artifact Analysis
List of Publications (Journal/Proceedings)
1) Polley, K. 2010. Flint Knapping Experiment: An Overview in Indian Context. Journal of Indian Anthropological Society 45:307-314.
2) Polley, K. and R. Ray. 2010. A Preliminary Study on the Stone Age Cultures of Khunty and its Adjoining Regions. Puratattva 40:51-70.
3) Polley, K., A. Banerjee, A. Makal and R. Ray. 2011. Kurshiburu: A Rock Art Site of Eastern India. In Art and Communication in Pre-literate Societies ed. by Centro Camuno di Studi Prehistorici. Valcamonica, Italy: 354-359.
4) Banerjee, A., K. Polley, A. Roy, A. Makal, G.K. Chakrabarti and A.Das. 2012. Materiality Revisited: Relevance of Material Culture Studies in the Contemporary Era. Journal of the Department of Anthropology, University of Calcutta 14 (1):1-14.
5) Polley, K., A. Banerjee, A. Makal. 2015. Relations between rock art and ritual practice: a case study from eastern India, Archaeological Research in Asia 3: 34-48.
6) Polley, K., S. Chandra, A. Banerjee. 2017. The Impact of Raw Material Properties on Lithic Debitage Assemblage Variation: An Experimental Assessment in Indian Context, Man and Environment XLII(1):36-49.
7) Banerjee, A., K. Polley, A. Makal, B. M. Das. 2017. The Insidersâ€™ Experience of an Undergraduate Level Ethnographic Fieldwork Training Program in India, The Qualitative Report 22(8):2308-2330.
8) Polley, K. 2017. Preliminary Observations on the Quaternary Sediments and Associated Cultural Remains of the Subarnarekha River Basin, Ghatsila, Eastern India, Journal of Indian Anthropological Society 52:45-61.
9) Makal, A., A. Banerjee, K. Polley, B. M. Das. 2018. Continuity and Change among the Koras of Bindukata: An Ethnographic Re-analysis, Asian Journal of Social Science 46(1-2):52-78.
List of Publications (Book/Chapter)
1) â€¢ Polley, K. 2009. Effect of Post-depositional Environment on Lithic Artifacts. In Environment Education Vol II, ed. by Sudip Dutta Banik and Saikat Kumar Basu. A.P.H. Publishing Corporation, New Delhi: 557-565.
2) â€¢ Polley, K. and R. Ray. 2009. An Experimental Study on the Manufacturing Process of the Lower Paleolithic Implements from Quartz Nodules. In Status of Prehistoric Studies in the Twenty-First Century India ed. by Ranjana Ray and Vidula Jayaswal. British Archaeological Reports International Series 1924. Archaeopress, Oxford, UK: pp- 49-54.
3) â€¢ Polley, K. and R. Ray. 2009. A Study of Quarternary Deposits and Associated Cultural Remains from Pallahara, Orissa. In The World of Dr. B.M. Das, ed. by Bapukan Choudhury and Pradip Jyoti Mahanta. Assam Academy for Cultural Relations, Guwahati: 383-398.
4) â€¢ Polley, K., R. Ray. 2013, Prehistoric art, Artfact and Gender: A Case Study from Eastern India. In Gendering Material Culture: Representation and Practice ed. by Subhadra Mitra Channa and Kamal K. Mishra. Rawat Publications, New Delhi: 65-78.
List of Lectures in Seminar/Conferences
1) Invited Lecture entitled- Flint Knapping Experiment, in-The Personality of Anthropological Teaching and Researches in India, conference held on the occasion of Golden Jubilee Celebration of Indian Anthropological Society. (Date- 12th March, 2010), organised by- The Indian Anthropological Society, Kolkata
2) Invited Lecture entitled- Lower Paleolithic Biface Technology of Eastern India: An Experimental Assessment, organised by- Department of Anthropology, North-Eastern Hill University, Shillong, Meghalaya
3) Invited Lecture entitled- Preliminery Observations on the Metric Characters of Experimentally Manufactured Debitage, in-A Hundred and Fifty Years of Prehistoric Archaeological Studies in India: Homage to Robert Bruce Foote, held between 31st March to 1st April, 2014, organised by- Asiatic Society, Kolkata
4) Invited Lecture entitled- The Story of a Fieldwork, in-UGC Sponsored National Seminar on â€œFieldwork and Legacy of T. C. Dasâ€, organised by- Department of Anthropology, Vidyasagar University
On-going or Completed Research Projects
Member of Academic Bodies
1) Life member (L29853) of Indian Science Congress Association (ISCA)